Interior Design and Decorating Tips for a Better Looking Home
Interior designing and reinventing the look and feel of a home is driven by passion, creativity and good taste of course. There are few things as gratifying in life as living in a well-done space. It imbibes positive energy in everyone living in the home and defines your lifestyle. The home you live has surely defined the person you are. You may have recently purchased a new property or have somewhat become tired of the old and somber look of your current interiors. It just sounds like the best time to plan for something new and exciting.
Homeowners are often stuck with the old look and fear the cost of redoing the interior of their homes. We explore several ideas that won’t require extravagant expenditure yet offer you a satisfying experience. Mind you, here we aren’t talking about taking up an expensive remodeling project but simply changing the look and feel of the home without burning a hole in your pocket. A simple paint job can go a long way in re-energizing the whole experience of owning a property and will add a chic look in the process. So if you are looking for cost conscience tips for creating a beautiful home, welcome aboard as we take you through these easy to follow tips.
- Choose a house painting company – Since we are on a budget and won’t break the walls or the tiles and instead hire creative people who can add to the looks of the home – in quick time and for less cost. A Commercial house painting contractor would surely come to your mind. Talk of hiring a painting company and you will find them by the dozens. Make a wrong call and you’ll work with people who lack imagination. You need to be careful and choose a company that has an impressive portfolio who specializes in creating beautiful looking homes without just playing around with paint, brushes, and rollers.
- Add to the sense of space – Among all the rooms you have in the house the living room is surely the most important. It’s where you host your guests and want the décor to make a statement on your lifestyle. Speaking about décor, the more spacious the room, the better it looks. While you can’t add to the physical space of your room you can do a lot to make it appear more spacious. Start by getting rid of all the unnecessary furniture you have. Forgo the emotional attachment you have and you will see that there is more than you thought that can be sold off and monetized. The idea is simple – if a piece of furniture hasn’t been a must-use thing in your life for a year or so you are unlikely to use it even in the future!
- Open your boxes – We all have lots of home decorative items stored in boxes and packed away. Some of it you may have inherited as a part of your heirloom or souvenirs that you purchased on your vacations over the years. As you didn’t find a use for them and you were too emotionally attached and satisfied with what is already cluttering your living room – these remain sealed in those boxes. It’s time to open and explore these boxes and see what can be used to add a new twist to your living space. An old clock that your grandpa bought half a century back or an ornate artifact showcasing a dying art would be great to experiment with. The idea here is to add something old yet new and not be stuck with seeing the same old tired stuff. Redoing your interior is all about adding a new touch, isn’t it?
- Choose the right colors for living room– We mentioned about making your living area look spacious and one of the easiest ways of doing so is choosing the right shades of color. If you have a small room you shouldn’t use darker shades because they make the room appear cramped and small. Stick to whites and other lighter shades of color for your small living room as they are known to create a more spacious feeling by reflecting light – compared to darker shades that absorb light and make the room feel smaller. You can additionally try adding a few large modern mirrors as they also add depth to the room and make it appear larger than it actually is.
- Opt for a green home – Awareness about the environment and going green has increased over the years. And like most people you know you may have also given this idea serious consideration. You can save energy by doing small changes to your home. Changing dim unattractive energy inefficient fixtures and choosing efficient new beautiful light fixtures can also make a huge difference. By opting for lighter shades on your walls you will be able to cut down on your energy bills because rooms painted with lighter shades require less lighting than dark shades of color. It may be a simple thing to do but it surely is a step in the right direction. You can also add plants to your living space as they add to the warmth of the décor of your home.
When you follow these tips you will be able to add a new touch to your home’s interior décor and add to your lifestyle. Remember the old saying ‘home is where the heart is’, create a space that you long for and cherish its comfort and warmth always.
Summary: In this article look at simple interior design and decorating tips that will help you create a beautiful looking home.